Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh, The Holiday Guilt!

I am a nervous wreck today. I really think I should be going home for the long weekend but I really don't want to make the trip. The kids are off of school, Shane is off work tomorrow and Friday, he could leave early today if he wanted to, and we are stuck, the seven of us in this tiny little apartment for a few more weeks, AND this year we are staying home for Christmas for the very first time because our new house is getting finished just 2 weeks before Christmas. So why don't we just pack up and visit our family and friends? Is the 13 hour trip really that bad? It must be, because I can't bring myself to tell Shane we should go home. I think I'm being selfish! I just do not want to have the hassle of the packing, the driving, the disrupted schedules, the re-packing, and again did I mention 13 hours on the road! I miss everyone terribly. I do. I want to see them! But some part of me can't commit to the horrible trip!



Shane is no help either, he doesn't want to go at all. I don't think he even feels bad about it. I keep mentioning casually about going and he really doesn't respond. I guess if I can just get through today without packing us then tomorrow it will be too late and I will relax. We have a million things we should be doing anyway!



Anyway..... JJ is getting sooooo big. Last night I was holding him and he decided he wanted to play. He was sitting on my lap in the big blue recliner and he started flinging his arms up over his head and propelling his body back as hard as he could so he would slam himself into the chair or my leg or whatever. Then he would struggle a little to sit back up so I would give him just a little help and he would then propel himself back towards me as hard as he could. I think he may just be the most wild one we have had yet. He found all this highly satisfying and would giggle at himself and smile the whole time. I can't believe he is going to me seven months in a few days. In January Sarah will be seven and Madeline will be five. Then there is March right around the corner when Adam will turn twelve! I can't believe how the years are flying by. Five years seemed like a hundred when I was younger, now they seem like a few months. It is very strange. Kind of depressing but very exciting to watch them all grow.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Aww!! Poor Brigi.....You I should really introduce you to Alexis then you two could get families together and feel bad together haha. Its got to be so hard knowing your so far away and yet such a hassle to come back. Isn't it odd how much you take advantage of family when they are there and miss them so when gone. Of course all of ours for the most part live in town and we never see them.

((((HUGS))))